Follow Us On

Fire Destroys Canadian High Commission in Abuja (Watch)

On Monday, a fire completely destroyed the Canadian High Commission in Nigeria, which is located at 13010G, Palm Close, Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District in Abuja. 

Thick smoke billowed from the High Commission’s generator house as a result of the explosion.

An eyewitness described the scene as if the High Commission’s subterranean tank had exploded.

It detonated twice. I learned that they use generators around-the-clock instead of the now-defunct National Electric Power Authority (NEPA), which is now Power Holding Company of Nigeria.

The insider went on to say that when the explosion occurred, a High Commission technician and more employees were reportedly supposed to have gone to the generator room, presumably to do some repairs.

The Daily Sun source went on, “One black (local staff) and another diplomatic staff were burned beyond recognition.”

An officer from the Canadian High Commission who spoke with PM News declined to comment when reached.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button

Discover more from KPOMKWEM

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading